Quad cane crutch stick
A quad cane is a mobility device that aids walking and mobility. It is similar to a standard cane, but it has a metal base on the bottom with four small feet that extend from the base. These feet have rubber caps that help reduce slippage on the floor. Quad canes are usually made of lightweight aluminum and are adjustable with a small push button.
Occasionally after illness or injury, one or both of your legs may be weak. This weakness may prevent you from walking normally. An extended period of immobilization or bed rest may lead to changes in your balance. A quad cane helps provide extra support to allow you to walk independently and safely.
An advantage of a quad cane is that it provides good stability. Quad canes can also be used on stairs, unlike a standard or wheeled walker. While sitting, a quad cane can stand next to you and will not fall over. When rising from sitting, be sure not to use the quad cane to pull yourself out of the chair, as it may tip over. Stand up first, and then grab the handle.
Walking With a Quad Cane
To walk with a quad cane, follow these simple steps.
- Hold the cane in one hand. If one leg is weak, hold the cane in the hand opposite the weak leg.
- Advance the quad cane forward about one arm’s length. Be sure all four legs of the quad cane contact the floor to prevent tipping.
- Step forward with the weak leg.
- Gently press down into the handle of the quad cane with your hand to help with stability. Advance your other leg just slightly past to first foot.
- Repeat this cycle.
A quad cane is extremely helpful for patients, who need support while walking.
- Lightweight & sturdy extruded aluminum tube with anodized finish
- Durable steel quad small base provides additional support
- Ergonomically designed polypropylene handgrip can reduce fatigue & provide a more comfortable experience
- The bottom tip is made of anti-slip rubber to reduce the accident of slipping
- Can withstand a weight capacity of 300 lb
- Helps those with poor balance
- With a push-button, length can be adjusted telescopically as per the individual requirement
- Can be used either left or right side
- Plastic sleeves to reduce the friction between upper and lower tube
- Swan neck handle for better grip and stability
- 4 legged construction with suction rubber tip for better grip on the floor