A spinal board is a patient handling device used primarily in pre-hospital trauma care. It is designed to provide rigid support during the movement of a person with suspected spinal injuries. It can also be used in water rescue operations.
Ambulance Spine Board BT253-B is made of unbreakable polyethylene plastic which is lightweight, foam-filled ABS plastic. These secure non-slip boards are X-ray translucent and have slick surfaces for easy patient transfer.
Spine Board Features
The stretcher is made up of light molded Fiber Reinforced Plastic and high-density PU foam and has the following features.
- High weight rating and custom made sizes available for spatial applications.
- There are no mold plugs, seams or voids for blood, body fluids, or soil to hide in.
- Oversized hand holes measure 2″ x 6″ for comfortable holding with gloved hands.
- Superior ergonomics and handling with a ta tapered end, ideal for helicopter transport.
- Possible to use a belt on individual legs and speed clip pins option available.
- Can float a patient in the water, and can be used as a flotation device.
- Custom colors, name embossing, and silk screening available. Call for details.
Emergency Spine Board: The board allows for easy maneuvering with a significant reduction of spinal disturbance to the patient. New and improved runners will keep the board raised for easy access lift. The board has larger handholds designed to accommodate gloved hands. Molded-in speed clip pins maximize strapping options. This lightweight one-piece molded board is comprised of a combination of tough, space-age materials resulting in a hygienically clean surface with no seams, cracks, or crevices. X-Ray translucent feature gives an extra clear view of the spinal area, and can even be used for an Emergency MRI