Knee Immobilizer (Tri-Panel)
A Knee Immobilizer is a brace that does exactly what its name implies: it immobilizes the knee joint and prevents it from moving. A knee immobilizer placed on the affected leg can reduce the possibility of making dangerous movements. It comes with a three-piece design for a precise fit and is fully adjustable to accommodate varying leg circumferences.
A Knee Immobilizer is a brace that does exactly what its name implies: it immobilizes the knee joint and prevents it from moving.
Knee Immobilizers are specialty knee braces that provide injury immobilization, complete support and limit knee motion. A knee immobilizer comes with a long cloth brace that extends the length of the shin and thigh. There are metal support struts on the inside and outside part of the brace. Velcro straps hold the knee immobilizer in place. If you suffer a fracture of the patella or upper shin bone, a knee immobilizer may be used to help keep things in place during healing. The benefit of an immobilizer as compared to a plaster cast is that it can be removed to allow a gentle motion to occur during healing. A knee immobilizer may also be used after ligament or tendon injury or surgery around the knee. It can help keep the knee straight to allow proper healing to occur, but it can also be removed for a gentle motion to occur. Be sure to speak with your doctor or physical therapist to be certain that it is safe before removing your knee immobilizer.
Knee Immobilizer Features:
- They have an allowance for swelling
- The brace can easily be removed to enable examination of the knee
- Offers protection in case of a slip or fall
- Allows resting of the knee
- Helps in the maintenance of the leg extension
- Fully adjustable side panels
- Lightweight rigid posterior stays with adjustable medial/lateral stays
- Universal circumference fits up to 29″
- Used for Post-operative knee immobilization, Collateral ligament sprains, and patella tendon repair
- SIZING – IMPORTANT to ensure proper fit be SURE to follow the sizing instructions very carefully.
- KNEE AND LEG IMMOBILIZATION – Recommended for knee sprains, patellar dislocations, post-operative recovery, and other mild to severe knee and leg injuries; To stabilize, immobilize, and protect the knee
- EASY ADJUSTMENT – Loop-and-lock straps provide easy adjustment of fit and level of compression
- UNIVERSAL – Our Leg Immobilizer fits the left or right leg. It’s washable and can be used repeatedly.
- PREMIUM CUSTOMIZABLE FIT – The three-panel (3 Piece) design and adjustable straps allow to accommodate most leg shapes and sizes
For more details contact us today.