Thoma’s splint is standard equipment in emergency departments and orthopaedic units in hospitals worldwide. Thoma’s splint is a means of correction of deformities and management of trauma of the lower limb.
Thomas splint Features and Benefits
- Easy to use and apply whilst to maintain maximum patient comfort
- Length adjustment achieved with a simple mechanism
- Lower limb measurements in both centimetres and inches indicated on the side arms of the splint
- Manufactured from strong, durable stainless steel
- Universal – fits left and right
- Interchangeable thigh hoops.
- Splints are available in two sizes – Paediatric and Adult
- Reduces risk of cross-infection due to clean was’’ hoops and autoclavable splints
- Known as a starter kit or as individual components (sold separately)
- Inside leg length (unaffected side)
- Oblique thigh circumference (unchanged side)